The National Utility and Energy Affordability Coalition is a national membership organization of like-minded advocates committed to heightening the awareness of energy poverty. October 2016 kicks off the annual Membership Drive for the National Energy and Utility Affordability Coalition (NEUAC), a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization.
NEUAC membership is open to individuals, groups, nonprofits, organizations and corporations that share the objectives of our mission
As an organization, we are dedicated to the following:
- Advocating for low-income families and vulnerable populations, including the elderly, disabled, families with young children, and veterans, in discussions surrounding energy poverty, water utility issues, and energy efficiency policies
- Increasing awareness and understanding of the nature and magnitude of low-income energy challenges
- Formulating and advancing low-income energy policy through compilation, analysis and dissemination of data and information
- Providing information and technical assistance in the creation and development of fuel funds, including promoting the development of statewide and regional fuel funds
As our membership family continues to grow, we are dedicated to providing meaningful information and opportunities for professional and personal development through NEUAC. Some of our many membership benefits are listed below.
- Pride in belonging to the largest professional society for energy and utility assistance advocates in the country
- Opportunities to network with other professionals from around the country through contacts made at meetings and conferences
- Access to database of all NEUAC members for networking and peer support
- Opportunity to participate in leadership at national level in a non-profit organization
- Half-price membership for first-time members
- Membership costs based on annual operating budget size for non-profits
- The price of a membership is included in major donor sponsorship of $3,000 or more.
- NEUAC Conference: Premiere venue for delivery of energy and utility program education
- LIHEAP Action Day: Well-established strategy for advocating for those in need
- NEUAC will collaborate with members, government agencies, data analysts and other professionals to conduct and present research on low-income issues related to energy, water, and utilities
- Communication with our membership is important, and NEUAC maintains social media and an online presence with other diverse methods of communication in order to deliver information on advocacy, policy, membership news, and research
- With the largest energy poverty conference in the nation, many opportunities are available to learn about current events, trends and opportunities.
- NEUAC is the voice of low-income and vulnerable populations on all issues related to energy policy
- Year-round, NEUAC is dedicated to advocacy for utility assistance programs, including the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- NEUAC also lends support to related programs that coincide with our mission and goals, like the Community Services Block Grant, Weatherization Assistance Program, and State Energy Program
- Discount to annual conference
- Free training pre-LIHEAP Action Day
- Recognition on NEUAC website